Monday, January 28, 2013

The Promise

The Promise





The day my parents died I was with them in the car. We were going to the beach house my father owned, which is now under my name although I cannot take possession of it until I am 21; my aunt is taking care of it. Or so I think.




It was a night like this one, but in Sunlit Tides the sky is far more beautiful; the ocean is clear and the moon light sparkles on the sea… it is breath taking.






I was in the back of the car lying on my mother’s lap, singing “Smile” with her; I used to love that song, now… not so much. We were happy; I was happy. Looking at my mother’s face, her tender expression was all I cared for, and suddenly something changed that, she had seen something in the distance and turned to me urging me to jump out of the car. I didn’t understand what she was asking me to do, and then it was when it happened; my memory is a bit fuzzy but I can still remember my mother screaming my name and pushing me out of the car.  


All I can remember after that is watching the car crash and finally explode. My parents never made it out, and by the time the cops came their bodies had burnt to practically nothing, it was hard to recognize them. It hurts me to think that if it weren’t for me my parents would have probably died as strangers to the world. People who are just dead, no name, no identity, nothing that can tell the history they lived, the history they created; nothing to link them to a reality. 

We live thinking death is far away from us, but in reality is always there, we just don’t see it. I guess it all makes sense that way, otherwise people wouldn’t have the hope for something better, and just as such they would live their lives recklessly… I wonder if originally we were meant to live reckless lives? Like the ocean waves, they rush towards the shore without a purpose or destiny.




If there was something I would change right now in my life it would be ever meeting Jourdan, or to be more specific: her ghost. And I don’t say this because I am angry at her, it isn’t that. In fact I admit now that I am to blame for all of these. I made the wrong choices, and honestly, if I could have one more talk with Jourdan I would tell her I am sorry for making her out to be the bad guy, because it is not her fault I made the decisions I made. 


The devil in this scenario was never Jourdan, but me. Despite not knowing I would meet her, I tried to force some of the situations between us. I was constantly asking for what I could not have, at least not yet. 



Yes, there was a point in which I believed her to be the bad guy, but I would like to be honest with myself before I leave this world. I believe in the natural course of things, I truly do. But for there to be a natural meeting between Jourdan and I, the me in the now must end this life. There is plenty of chances for the Jensen in my past to make the right choices.

"Jensen!!"




"Ji?"



"Jensen. Don’t be stupid."


"Ji? What are you doing here? How did you find me?"


 
"Maria told me you had left in this direction; there is nothing else at the end of this block but the beach."


"Ji leave."


 
"Uh...

 
"Not happening
 
"Im not leaving without you. I know what you are thinking of doing but that is not the way you will solve anything. What are you trying to prove to yourself? That you are brave?"


"No! I…

"You don’t know anything Ji. You stand there thinking you are this big person who knows everything just because you have lived more than me, but that is not always the case. You have no idea how I feel and what is going on… oh yeah, don’t think I have forgotten you were in cahoots with Jourdan? But that I leave to destiny, you will get your punishment."


"Jensen I’m not here to give you explanations of what happened, or why I did this or that… I’m not going to apologize to you about anything. I did nothing wrong. I’m here to stop you from making another mistake, and the biggest one of them all. Whether or not you are interested in listening to what I have to say I don’t care, because I’m still going to tell you."



"There is nothing else for me out there Ji..."


"Yes there is. There is an entire life for you out there… either with Jourdan or without her.


"Look kid, life is a freaking hell; that is true. I can probably count with my fingers the amount of times I have been truly happy in my life and I’m older than you…
"Oh boy! I’m most likely bringing you down more than up but I have to be honest with you. It’s what I know. But I also know that we don’t come to this life to be in a constant state of bliss…


"Imagine if there were no problems or sad experiences to shape us up and make us stronger? It would be so boring without a fight once in a while, because the makeup is just so much sweeter. The people that we come in contact with that help in the creation of who we become later on…
 "Imagine if it is always a pleasurable encounter? Then we wouldn’t be able to tell them apart; we wouldn’t be able to hold precious memories because there is no difference in the feeling, there is no unique moment for each one of them, and so what is there to hold dear?


"I know. I understand it all too well…"


"What do you know Ji?



"You are this great scientist, and soon to become famous with the time travel machine, you are working on your dream. This is your goal, what you have set out to do with your life…"


"What do you know about my dream? What do you know about what I have set out to do in my life? Do you think I care about the stupid time travel theory?? I have something more important to do with my life. I once was like you, I had nothing to live for or so I thought.


"But I met someone that helped me see I was wrong. Too bad she died before I could show her just how much I could have made her proud. There is something she wanted; she wanted to meet her son. Even after death, I have promised her I would bring her son to her, and I’m not about to let anything get in the way of it."


 
"That’s great Ji, great that you have something important to do, but I have nothing important to do."


"Yes you do. There are plenty of things waiting for you. Have you ever thought you could meet your real family?"


"I had a real family. But they died in a car accident."


"No I’m not talking about your adoptive parents, but your biological family. They are out there somewhere, have you ever thought of looking for them?"




"Get surgery and go back to school to finish your studies. I’ll help you with that, and also with finding your real family."


 
"Why?"


 
"Jensen… I… Come on, we have a future to plan." 








"And her?"



"You mean Jourdan?"


"She left."






***

Last Chapter

*** 



"I guess everything worked out how she wanted it, huh?"



"Nothing worked out how she wanted it. You met the teen Jourdan, and who is to say you won’t meet again?

"Look, everything that has happened in the future can still be avoided, but I don’t think not meeting her is the answer; knowing the truth is; it will change everything, and only for the good of you both. I’m certain of it."


 
"Well, I don’t really care to know anymore truths. I’m done with all this."



"Jensen don’t blame Jourdan for anything that has happened. She had her reasons for doing this, and it was not just because she wanted to spare you the suffering of her death, trust me on this. There is something much bigger than that – her own words of course. I could never think there is anything bigger than death. So…


SIGH



"You will find out what it is in due time. For now, just live your life; take a risk; make a change."

 "Geez you sound like an inspirational speaker Ji."

 Hahaha

  "So. This why you have this room decorated with boys stuff… you are looking for that kid huh?"

"Huh…


 "yeah, well I…"


"Don’t worry Ji. I’ll help you look for him before we look for my real parents; boy is just grand! I wish my biological parents were also interested in meeting me as much as that lady wanted to meet her son. It must have been painful for her to die without getting to meet him. 
"What was she like?"


"She was…"



"Wait! Don’t tell me.



"I want to imagine her like if she was my real mother.
Haha
 "I bet this kid don’t even know he had someone who loved him this much."

 "I’m off to bed. I’m kinda tired after all this.
"Oh and Ji?"


 "Yeah?"



"Thank you."

 "Don't mention it kid."

***

She was... Hannah...

Hannah...

I almost failed you.


But I got him back.

I'll make sure he doesn't leave, ever again Hannah.

I'll make sure he becomes what you dreamed off.



***

 "I'll make things right Jou
 "I promise."

 ***

1 Year Later

  
**Sun4U Flight to Bridgeport will now commence boarding. Passengers please be present at the gate, and be sure to have the right documentation.**


*Ring*


*Ring, ring*


**Hello. This Maria Deluna; I'm sorry I cannot answer your call right now. Please, be kind to leave me a message. Thank you. **


*Beep...*

"Maria, its me. Just landed in Sunlit-Tides; had a good flight."


 "Weather is great. 
Mostly sunny but a few 'ghostly' clouds in the horizon. 
Think you were right about the place?" Hehe. 

"It seems he not only runs the Island, but also controls the weather. I shouldn't have any trouble finding 'The Ghost'  then."
 

"Either way, if it gets tedious I know exactly the person to ask for help. Your friend Jourdan Dunn. 
I bet she knows where to find him. Talk to you later." 

 






***

Credits:


Song

Call Me Call Me -- Steve Conteh


Challenge 

6 Degree of Separation by -- Buckeygirl80

Story by 

JADE

Costume Content  

Sliders & Skintones

Other CC/Store Items

NewSea  
CBON  
Pralinesims
Gosik
CoolSims
55DSL Fall/Winter Collection  

Poses 


 

Featuring: 

Houses by MKay Doan
Cozy Adobe  



If you happen to have stumble here and now found yourself lost in the time wormhole, you might want to read how it all started! Jensen and the Ghost of Jourdan


Hi guys! 
As you know, this story might not be original but it sure was created by me (Laura Padron) so I ask to please not copy, or share it without permission, unless you are sharing by using one of the share icons at the bottom of this page (Mail, Google Mail, Blogger, Twitter, Facebook
If you do share using the icons, please provide a back link to this page, and mention the author or the name of this blog next to the link. 
You may also quote from this story, but always attribute to me: Laura Padron (aka JADE) 
Creations are too precious to be stolen when we can always share :) 
Thank you! 
JADE

Epilogue



















To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment