Wednesday, October 10, 2012

The Ghost of Jourdan Dunn

This is the 1st Degree story for the challenge 6 Degrees of Separation. To read the synopsis of the story or about the challenge please click here.


Enjoy!


1st Degree -- Jensen and the Ghost of Jourdan

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-D2IcPuOPpTY/UHZMij63XmI/AAAAAAAAALc/_btvqC66GZg/s1600/Jourdan+and+Jensen.jpg

The Ghost of Jourdan Dunn






I was born a stranger to this world. I had no parents, no name. Still, a woman must have given birth to me, unless I am the product of some mad scientist. But none of that matters anymore.


  
As an orphan, I grew up on a foster home for more than five years. Later I was adopted by the people that became my loving family. But they too have been taken away from me.
On our last family trip to the beach, my parents died in a car accident. I was the only survivor. 



I don’t know when it all happened… that I became this sort of person; this lonely, reclusive, miserable person. And frankly, I don’t care.
I have no desire to keep on anymore, I will surely die here; I will walk into the ocean, and let myself go with the rhythm of the current. Then hours later, when the sun rises through the hills, the waves will rock my body gently back to shore.  




 
My wish is that someone will see my body. A stranger passing by on his way to the city, coming from the mountains; or a fisherman. Either way, I hope someone will see it and take it to the morgue. I have no family left, only an aunt, but she hates me so I’m sure she won’t be there to claim my body. Then, as a total stranger –just as I was born–I will leave this world. 






***

ONE

***



My story starts: 

2 years earlier... 







This is me, Jensen. 

This is me when I was still naïve; when I had the hope that I could be happy even without my parents being around. Yeah, sure, they had adopted me and I was not their blood, but I was their son and they were my parents! We loved each other just as if we were truly related by blood... and much more than that, much more!

I thought it would also be true of my aunt -my mother’s older sister. But I was wrong.





When I got to the house I did not get a welcome, not that I wanted one, but I was expecting at least my aunt to be awake to wait for me. Instead only a note was left:


Get some sleep,
we’ll talk in the morning.

well, where was I supposed to sleep? 

 

The couch was not a problem, but her words lacked sympathy and care. 
 



 
I had not been getting good sleep since the accident, but that night I slept like a rock. I was tired. I was sad.

The next morning came with two noisy kids running around the house and screaming out of their lungs. 





My aunt had made breakfast and had asked me to join her in the table. 
It was a quiet meal, I was expecting her to talk to me about my situation in her house, but she only looked at me.





I finished my food and left for school without saying a word. She has the scariest green eyes I have ever seen. 


  

Something was bugging me about my aunt. Why had she not said anything to me the entire morning? Why was she only looking at me with those scary big eyes that were sure to jump out of her face at any moment? 

Lifeless; empty. Like those clowns that jump out of a box and stare at you with a big grin on their face but you know it’s all unreal, still, you cannot help to be scared.   




***










I stopped to think about having to interact with other kids before I went inside the school. I didn’t want to have to explain myself to anyone. I didn’t want to be looked at with pity. I didn’t want to be there. 

So I left, and walked all the way back home.   





When I got home my aunt wanted to talk to me… more like argue. 

 

   
She was very upset I had skipped school, but the problem was not that really. She was upset I had left without saying a word, without washing the dishes or putting my clothes in the room that was assigned to me. 




 

I couldn’t even explain myself. How was I supposed to know there was a room assigned to me when she hadn’t even been there the night before to welcome me?

I was not allowed to say anything back to her. I was to stay quiet, and do what she asked. Every morning my routine before going to school would be as follow:
 



1. Make breakfast. 

2. Make the beds. 


 


3. Clean bathrooms

And then, only after doing all of those things I could eat my breakfast.   

Finally I had to ask permission to be excused out of the house to go to school, not before doing the dishes. 

 



Ridiculous! Not that I had to help, but the fact that she had me as her maid. 


But those were the rules, and I had to follow them unless I had somewhere else to go; which I had not. 
I let myself stumbled on the couch while all of this sank in. 


If I could not do the things that were assigned to me, I would end up sleeping in the couch… only I had to wait until my cousins were both in bed. 






I had no right to disturb them while watching TV.
So my life went like this for six months in the happy and wild town that was Starlight Shores. 










 
Beautiful, I know. But for me, it was hell.

Don't get me wrong; I was grateful I was not homeless, and that I had something warm to eat every day. However, sometimes I wonder if that is the only thing we need in order to be human. 

Perhaps we can exist; we will be active, interact with others that are just like us; get a job, a house of our own, a car... but all of that is nothing if we don't have love. If we cannot feel; if we cannot hope for a future that is better. We might exist, but we are not really living. 

Is like being a stranger in your own life. 

Until you find purpose. 

I found purpose, when I met her…





The ghost of Jourdan Dunn.  


***

1st Degree -- Jensen and the Ghost of Jourdan 

 

Chapter TWO: 

My Muse


***

 

Credits: 

Song

Quien Fuera -- Silvio Rodriguez

Challenge

 6 Degree of Separation by -- Buckeygirl80

Story by

JADE

Costume Content


Other CC

RustyNails 





Hi guys! 

As you know, this story might not be original but it sure was created by me (Laura Padron) so I ask to please not copy, or share it without permission, unless you are sharing by using one of the share icons at the bottom of this page (Mail, Google Mail, Blogger, Twitter, Facebook

If you do share using the icons, please provide a back link to this page, and mention the author or the name of this blog next to the link. 
You may also quote from this story, but always attribute to me: Laura Padron (aka JADE) 
Creations are too precious to be stolen when we can always share :) 
Thank you! 
JADE


No comments:

Post a Comment