Monday, December 10, 2012

The Ghost In You


1st Degree -- Jensen and the Ghost of Jourdan

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g114/lalagreeneyes/Chapter4500.jpg

The Ghost In You 






*Ding Dong*

"hmm…" 
*Ding Dong*

Sigh

***
"You okay?"

"I’m sorry to bother you this late Ji."
"Nah, it’s okay. I wasn't doing anything..."
 "I’m leaving Sang.
"And, you need to work on your bedroom skills… you’re starting to get old… see ya."
 "Huh? 'Bedroom skills?'"
"Hey! There is someone here you know?"
 "Bedroom skills!"
Haha.
"Shut up. At least my problems don’t involve an 18 year old with wild hormones. Jeez, I never had love problem in my teen years… I was such a loser."
Sigh

 "Hey! Cheer up okay? Is not that bad."
"Yes it is Ji."

"You know he came to talk to me; the other night. Spoke about the possibility of meeting the teen you and all the cons and pros…"
"He did?"
 "Boy he is a smart kid.
"I sort of hinted that, if he meets the teen you, then there is a big chance you will disappear. So you don’t have to worry anymore, the kid won’t try to meet teen Jourdan…"
"Ji!!! You… how could you do that? That’s why he kept asking for my last name!"
"Relax! I know what I did was a bit risky but you have to take a risk. I think it will work, the kid is totally enamored with you, he doesn’t care about teen Jourdan, he cares about YOU, ghost Jourdan.
"Don’t you get it? Is not who you will be, but who you are. He has no interest in meeting you again, he already has YOU."
Sigh
"No, it is you who don’t understand. He has a girlfriend."
"What? So fast? How do you know?"
"After we argued that night; I followed him into the club he went to, I stayed there for a while when I saw he had gone to meet Maria. I feared that what happened would… I was right. They kissed."
"They kissed? They kissed Jourdan; one kiss doesn’t mean they are dating."
"Several times? On a couch? Groping each other?...


  *Gasp*

"Anyway, he confronted me tonight and told me they are dating. He basically told me to leave, well not in those words, but…"
"Okay, okay… but if he has a girlfriend how is that bad? You got what you wanted: he won’t meet the teen you and all is well."
 "You haven’t been paying attention have you? It's Maria, Maria!
 "Jensen and I met because of Maria.  During the fall after our high school graduation I came to live in Startlight Shores to attend college here. That’s when we met. We dated casually first, then it became serious. Eight years later we moved to SunlitTides so that I could do my internship in oceanography.
"Does were the times…"
 "Eehhhh, you are jealous? I thought you were ready for this kind of thing…"
"Ji!! Maria is our best friend."
"Jeez calm down, you have such a bad temper."
"I know she had a major crush on Jensen during high school, I don’t think that has changed. But Jensen never saw her in the same light. Even then, Maria has been a terrific friend. She even took care of me in the hospital until the last moment. Never putting her feelings before our own; I don’t want her to be in the middle of this. I came here to stop Jensen from meeting me but I don’t want to do it if it means someone else has to suffer. Someone I care about, like Maria."
"Okay. Hold on. If he likes her, why would she suffer? He might fall in love with Maria. This has already changed your destiny. The way you met might have been altered already, have you thought of that?
 "Anyway, teen Jourdan might never meet him, and even if they do meet he will be with Maria so there is no risk there."


"And what if they do meet and he dumps Maria because he falls for teen Jourdan? Maria is far too precious of a friend for me to put her in danger of suffering such a heart break…
"… if they break up on my account I could never forgive myself."


"Well you better start repenting now... that already happened. The future has changed, but you are still here... 
"As if stopping him from meeting you weren’t enough, now we need to stop him from being with Maria… jeez."
"Ji please..."

"Okay, I think I have the right idea…"
***

 

FOUR


***
1st Part

That night, after Maria and I kissed, I stayed with her for a while longer.
We made out.




It wasn’t my first time kissing a girl. I had kissed a girl before in 8th grade when I was still living with my parents. I remember it was a bet I had made with my friends… does were the times. 


Naturally I wasn’t as green to romance as Maria thought I was. She kept telling me how I continued to surprise her… it was a fun night after all. 





So we started dating.

Okay, for the record; I cared about Maria. Like I said, she was fun to be around, but I was not in love with her. Truth is I have always seen her as a sister. I don’t know why, is like being her lover was never a choice. At least not in my heart.

I started dating her because I felt a sense of obligation, and I know it sounds cruel coming from someone like me. Shouldn’t I be kind to others? Shouldn’t I be the last person to make someone else hurt? Why was I being a bull-headed idiot? 


Two weeks after Maria and I first kissed, I told Jourdan about it. I also told her I wasn’t going to allow her to take over my responsibilities in the house anymore; I needed to get a grip on things. It was another argument; I stormed out of the house, and went for a walk to cool off. 







When I came back home and didn’t find Jourdan waiting for me like she would; I thought she was sleeping in my aunt’s room so I went straight to sleep. But the next morning when I woke up to get ready for school, I noticed she had not made breakfast I knew something was different.




Well, I did take it for what it seemed to be; I took it as if she had left forever.


At first I thought: good, now I don’t have to worry about her anymore. But then, during the course of the day I started feeling more and more desperate; like something important had been taken from me, yet again. I didn't want to go through the same heart ache I went through when my parents died. I was afraid of abandonment.
Why had I told her I didn’t need her anymore? I had made yet another mistake. First one was ever accepting Maria’s kiss.

I hurried home not caring about going to work, at that moment I was only thinking I wanted to see Jourdan. 




But she wasn’t there. 



I headed to work with hopes to find her when I got back.
Still, no Jourdan.

 
The next day came, and although I had tried to convince myself that I was right to think she was gone, I still had hopes to see her when I got back from school.


While walking to the door, my heart felt heavier by the second. I had sort of forgotten the pain that comes with loss, and it was at that moment when it became clear to me that the last thing I wanted was to lose Jourdan.




I didn’t care if she was from the future, a ghost, or spirit, or alien… I just wanted her to stay with me, just her, not the Jourdan from my time line. That was what I wished for the most at that moment, but my reality was different. Jourdan was not home.




Three days had passed and I was becoming desperate. It was too long a time for her not to have gone back to her world. It was the most I could think of, and it was making me miserable. I didn’t know what to do. I didn’t even feel anything anymore; I was numb from over- thinking what could have happened.


Maria came to visit because I had not showed up at school in the last two days. She was worried something was wrong with me. How could I explain it to her? I had been nothing but an idiot with Maria. I felt terrible. 


"Sorry Maria. I don’t think we can do this."
"What do you mean? The science project? Is that why you haven't been to school? Don't worry I got your back!"
  
There she was worrying about me, and instead of paying attention to her, I was thinking about Jourdan. I had to do something about it, I had slipped up and I needed to fix it.

"It's about us. I don’t love you like I should. You are a good girl, but I’m not the one for you. It won’t work."
"Didn't I say I liked you were a no BS guy?"
"I’m sorry."
"Don’t worry. I sort of knew it myself."
"I’m sorry."
"It’s alright. But I am genuinely worried about you. I hope to see you tomorrow at school."
"Okay. I promise you I’ll be there."
"That’s more like it."


I stayed up all night after Maria had left. I was feeling like the most miserable person in the world. How could I do such a stupid thing as to kiss someone without feeling it? How could I hurt someone when I knew very well what it felt like to be abandoned? 



The next day I went to school like I had promised Maria. She had saved me a sit next to hers in class, she asked me to treat her like a friend; if she could not be my girl, then she would want to be the next best thing after that; my friend. I could not help but feel even worse after that.



But I gradually came out of my awkwardness and became more comfortable with Maria as a friend. She was so much fun to be around; it was as if we had been destined to be friends from the start. It felt right. 


After class, I didn’t have work at the book store that day, so we went to the park and had a fun time with her, Lucas and Jackie.  

They were always arguing about something silly, it was obvious they liked each other but didn’t want to admit it to themselves.


  "Wanna see tough?? I bet I can eat this hotdog faster than you."
So our day was spent between Maria and me trying to get them to kiss, and them arguing their way out of it.

 "Jackie if Lucas wins, you give him a kiss."

 "I don't think there will be any need for that!!"

 "You were saying...?"

  "Dummy."
"Let's do another match!!"
 "You still think you can win? Okay..."

After having a fun afternoon, it came the time to go home and face my new reality: Life without Jourdan.

When I was about to go in the house, my little cousin busted the door open.




 "Jensen there is a weird lady in the house and she says she knows you."

I ran inside with my heart about to burst out of my chest, and the moment I saw her it was as if they had bumped blood into me again, as if all these time I had been cold and didn’t realize it until that moment… I felt warm inside, and my heart was beating faster than I could blink: Jourdan was home.



***
 "Jensen who is this lady?"
"She is my… uh, she is my math teacher."

"Remember mom said you are not allowed to have visitors?"
"I know Tommy…"
"Don’t worry, I won’t tell her."

"Okay. Thanks buddy."
"Give me 50 simoleons."
"Huh?"
"Payback for my silence."
Sigh
"Kids"
***

As soon as my little cousin left us alone I ran to Jourdan and hugged her, realizing then that it was my way of pushing my feelings for her that had drove her away, so I backed off.


"Jou, I’m sorry we argued."
"I’m sorry too."

"So we are cool?"
"Cool."

And with that, we sat on the couch and talked about my three days without her, but never did she say anything about where she had been.

There was also the concern of why she had made herself visible to my cousin. She said it had been a mistake on her part. She had come inside the house and sat on the couch to wait for me thinking that everyone was asleep, and clearly not thinking she was visible. 
"Hopefully my aunt doesn’t hear about this."
"Yeah."

We decided a gaming match was in order! 



 "I'm so sleepy."
"I'm going to make your men grovel... watch"

"Beetles! What just happened?"
"I think you died"

I was getting sleepy and took a bold move by putting my head on her lap, she was a bit uncomfortable at first, but I told her it was nothing, just that I was very tired and to please let me rest for a few minutes.


She smiled at that, and went back to playing the game. She sure loves the games, if I didn’t know any better I would have thought she came from the past instead of the future… if, she had really come from the future. 



It was then when I saw it… dangling from her bracelet, a piece of metal in the shape of heart, it had something written on it. 


I stayed put, not wanting to give away I was looking at her bracelet; I wondered then how come I had not thought of it? Home come I had not even seen it before? All those months spending time with her, and I had not even notice something as evident as the heart shape plate hanging from her bracelet; and the words that read: Jourdan Dunn.



***

Credits will be given at the end of this chapter. 

If you happen to have stumble here and now found yourself lost in the time wormhole, you might want to read how it all started! Jensen and the Ghost of Jourdan


Hi guys! 
As you know, this story might not be original but it sure was created by me (Laura Padron) so I ask to please not copy, or share it without permission, unless you are sharing by using one of the share icons at the bottom of this page (Mail, Google Mail, Blogger, Twitter, Facebook
If you do share using the icons, please provide a back link to this page, and mention the author or the name of this blog next to the link. 
You may also quote from this story, but always attribute to me: Laura Padron (aka JADE) 
Creations are too precious to be stolen when we can always share :) 
Thank you! 
JADE


1 comment: