Thursday, January 3, 2013

Turning Tables


1st Degree -- Jensen and the Ghost of Jourdan


Turning Tables




15 Years in the Future -- Year 2027




"The doctor said it will only be a matter of time before it happens. She has no chance at surviving."
"But Jensen, you…"
"I know Mia. But I have to do this, if not for her, for our kids."
"Kids?? You mean …"
"Jou is pregnant."
"Well that complicates everything don’t it?"
"And what’s worse, they think its twins. I didn’t know anything about this until the day of the accident. It was what started the argument."
"She didn’t tell me, and she usually tells me everything. Oh, she must have been so desperate Jensen."
"This is all my fault."
"No."
Sigh
"Yes it is. If I would have at least tried to solve our differences; I have been so pig headed Mia. Now she is paying for it."
"I know, people do stupid things when in love.
"But Jensen, couples divorce all the time, it is not…"
"They certainly don’t divorce out of love. I mean, it doesn’t even sound right. Why didn’t I listen to Ji? It only takes one person; Heck why didn't I listen to her back then... I married her knowing it anyway."
 "Then you married for the wrong reasons. Plus, you are wrong about her. Jourdan does care for you."
"Oh I don’t know about that."

Hmph
 
"Think what you will. Still, giving her part of your liver is not the answer. You of all people cannot do this, you know it.
"I also don’t think Jourdan would want you to do it. With your poor heart you will not stand an operation like this one, and even if you do, the recovery? No Jensen, this is suicidal."
"Please Mia I want you to promise me you will take care of Tommy until…"
"Jensen no. I…"
"Promise me Mia. Please?"
"Jensen..."

***

"A house--with--pool, a house..."
"Ji."
"no babies Jenna..."
"Jiii!"
"I said no babies..."
"Jiiiiiii!!!! Snap out of it."
"Uh? Eh? Who’s there?"
 "It’s me."
"Where? Me who?"
"Jourdan."
"Jourdan? Where? Aren’t you at the hospital?"
"I’m here"

"Where are you?"


Ugh
"You cannot see me?"
"What about now?

"Can you see me?"
Huargh!
"You are scaring the shit out of me.What happened?"
"I need your help."
"Wait, is this it? You are dying?"
"Yes. But that is not what matters now."
"I cannot think anything would ever be more important than death..."
"Ji please. Shut up and listen! Jensen could die."
"Yeah, yeah, you need a liver transplant and he wants to be the donor, of course with his condition he is in no shape to do it. Right?"
"What? How did you…?"
"Ironically… is the one thing you out of all people should understand, but, I know you won't. It’s all very scientific anyway."
"Yes! Yes, I would. In fact, I need your scientific mind right now. I need you to…"
"Sent you back to the past? Sure… the story of my life."
"I—uh… I can't believe this, this is all so…"
"Look. There is no time to waste in explanations right? You will understand once you get there."
"So you don’t oppose to the idea? You have nothing to say?"
"I cannot alter life's course…
"I guess you have not been able to either; otherwise you would not be here. But never mind all of these now.
"Just one question… what about Tommy? You are not afraid to leave him without a mother?" 
"Tommy will be alright. He will have his father, and well… one of us won’t make it. I’ll rather that be me. You know I cannot let Jensen die for me Ji. Not me out of all people... I don't deserve it.
"We never should have met.
"So,
I have been reading Jensen’s notes on the machine; I know that I can change all of these if I stop teen Jensen and Jourdan from meeting. Our lives will be changed."
"Uh...perhaps. It is not something I am sure of myself."
"I guess will have to find out"

"Hey what is that black mark on your cheek?"
"Ji I was just in a car accident, you would think there is some dirt on me."
"We are gonna have to clean that before we sent you off... you don't want Jensen getting odd ideas about you..."

"No leave me be. Is best if I scared him off."
Ouch! "What are you doing?? Ji..."

"Hey I can touch you. I thought you were a Ghost."
SIGH
***



 FIVE 




***

1st Part 

  "Maria, I-I'm …"



"Jensen!!"
***

"Dad, do you think he can hear us now?"

"Huh..."
"Jensen? Can you hear me son?"

 "Jensen?"
"Huh.Yeah? Where am I?"
"My name is Christian Deluna, I’m Maria’s father. I’m also your doctor."
"Hi Jensen."
"Oh. Hello."
"No, no. Don't get up son. You need rest."
"For how long was I out? 
"Wait a minute… my doctor?"
"Yes, your doctor; you have slept quite a long time. Have you been feeling tired, fatigued, dizzy... any of those?"
"Yes. But I thought I was overworking. What happened?"

"You fainted. Are you feeling better now?"
"I guess. I feel the same."
"Jensen. Is there any history in your family of epilepsy; heart disease...?"
"Dad!"
 "I don’t know."
"Dad, Jensen is orphan. His family is not his biological family."
"My apologies, but I had to ask. 
"Well, that makes everything else more complicated."
"I'm a cardiologist Jensen. You know what that means right? I treat heart problems. The thing is we don't know if there is in fact a problem with your heart, but your blood pressure dropped which is why you fainted. 
"Obviously there are many other reasons why a person faints, but in your case we were able to detect an irregular heartbeat while doing a blood pressure test. There are several heart defects that can cause your blood to drop and consequently you will faint, these can be congenital, which is why I was asking about your family. However, with very little information on hand we can only proceed with the test needed to rule out any heart illnesses."
"I am going to die?"

Hearing someone tell you, you might die sooner than expected is not something I can even describe.
 "Honestly Jensen I cannot answer you that at this point. All illnesses of the heart need close attention..."
All I know is that I wanted some sort of closure in my life. I wanted to give an end to everything I had experience up to that point.  



They ran some tests on me; X-rays, electrocardiograms, echo-cardiograms...I even had to run on a treadmill to measure the rate of my heart.  


Honestly I was wishing for some tragedy, I know it all sounds selfish and immature. But remembering the happenings of the night I heard Jourdan and Ji talking in his room, had me wishing for death to come get me at any moment. 



And so my wish came true. At the end, it was a heart problem


***

After I was released from the hospital I was still in shock, but the idea of leaving this world had not come to me yet. I thought of my parents; my mother who had been so caring and loving; and my father! He would spent hours teaching me Japanese. His dream was to one day take me to meet his home country.

Thinking of my parents, I remembered my aunt; leaving her house like that was not the best decision I had made... I still could not register in my head what Jourdan and Ji had done. It was as if I had lived a dream... more like a nightmare.

So I headed out to see her. Even if she acted like she didn't care, I knew that at least there had to be some sense of responsibility.  

I could not leave things with her on bad terms, or more like worse terms since we had never really clicked. After all, she had been the only honest person with me; her, and Maria. 



*** 


"Aunt. I have something I need to tell you. Please let me in."

"Well?"
"First, I wanted to apologize for whatever I have done that seems disrespectful to you. I swear, it was not intentional. I don’t know why you hate me so much, if it is because I am not really my mother’s son, or because I was the only survivor from the accident; or if it’s because of both. But I hoped when I came to this house two years ago, that I could at least live in harmony with you and my cousins. I never wanted to cause any harm..."
"Quit the sentimentalism and tell me what you want from me."
"I’m sick."
"Eh?"
"I have Aortic Stenosis. Apparently is congenital, I have had it and didn't even know it. I need surgery, but I have not decided yet. I might not live for very long. Who knows... 
"The thing is, I wanted to make our peace. You are the only thing I have closest to a family. Whether we like each other or not, I know of no one else that I could call my family but you. I thought I had, but I don’t anymore."
"That girl… Jourdan?"
"Yes, I was wrong about her."
"Well, I was never going to let you into this house again; running the kind of business you were running, but since you are sick…"
"Aunt, I thank you for the offer. But I’ll rather live on my own. I don’t wish to be a burden."
"As you wish Jensen."

No matter what I said to her, she still believed I was prostituting Jourdan. I guess I have to laugh about that, even now... it makes no sense at all, that's why is funny. 

"I must go now"

"And Jensen… it is never up to us, we are all at death’s call. Good luck." 
***
I never thought I could hear positive words out of the woman's mouth. I have to admit, I was feeling a bit more cheerful and thought that maybe I could look for a place for me to move to until I could sort things out.  


By sorting things out I mean, I wanted to decide what to do with my life.



Should I continue on like this, or should I make a radical change... what was my purpose now anyway? It had always been Jourdan.

 
"Eh? Jour---dan?"
"Jourdan?"
"Yes? Who are you?"
"Ooh!! You are Jensen right? Maria’s friend."
"Jensen!"
"Jourdan!"



***

2nd part of chapter FIVE: Turning Tables

Credits will be given at the end of this chapter. 


If you happen to have stumble here and now found yourself lost in the time wormhole, you might want to read how it all started! Jensen and the Ghost of Jourdan



Hi guys! 

As you know, this story might not be original but it sure was created by me (Laura Padron) so I ask to please not copy, or share it without permission, unless you are sharing by using one of the share icons at the bottom of this page (Mail, Google Mail, Blogger, Twitter, Facebook

If you do share using the icons, please provide a back link to this page, and mention the author or the name of this blog next to the link. 
You may also quote from this story, but always attribute to me: Laura Padron (aka JADE) 
Creations are too precious to be stolen when we can always share :) 
Thank you! 
JADE

No comments:

Post a Comment